1747984 Members
4463 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NT4 installation

Paolo_17

NT4 installation

Hi, i'm trying to install Windows NT4 on DL320 using SmartStart. Is there any way I can change the default installation path. Eg. I want to install it on WINNT2 instead of WINNT.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

During the install of NT ther will come a point where it will ask you to install it in the WINNT directory. This is where you can change it.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Paolo_17

Mark,
Thanks for replying. I probably asked my question in the wrong way. I'm using SmartStart and I want to install NT4 Server in a folder that is not WINNT but with different name. And I think to do this I have to choose the Manual Installation.
My problem appears at this point when, with the manual SmartStart installation, I get to the final stage where I need to reboot the server with NT4 Server cd-rom inserted. After the initial Configuration files loading of NT4, I am asked to configure the SCSI controller. I do it using the Compaq drivers but then NT4 stops displaying me the message that No Hard Disk where found. And I'm stuck.
If I choose the SmartStart Assisted installation, NT4 installs fine. But obviously I cannot change the installation path.
Any advice on that?
Thanks again.