ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753481 Members
3687 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NT4 on ML370 Smart Array Integrated Controller

Joe Sinclair

NT4 on ML370 Smart Array Integrated Controller

The NT4 text setup portion does not recognise a disk drive. Pressing F6 and choosing the Smart Array Controller seems to work OK, the controller is listed as being installed in the server but then setup says there is no disk.

I have 3 36Gb disks. I have tried as RAID5 and also just mirrored (RAID1 I think?) but no good. I tried a firmware update, which was unsuccessfulm fortunately it didn't scramble the ROM :-)

I tried installing Windows 2000 and this worked fine no problems. This server has had NT4 on it before, so in principle it must work. Any advice appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: NT4 on ML370 Smart Array Integrated Controller

Hello Joe,
Any particular reason you are not using the assisted method of installation with a Smart Start CD. The latest version you can do the installation would be 5.50 which can be ordered by calling 1-800-573-1099 in case you're in N.America.

Regards,
Joe Sinclair

As you can tell its an old server and I've not got much to work with..

Its a good job the automated system lets me know about replies. I'd already forgotten I'd posted this question. I have sidestepped the issue by chucking the server in the bin and using a different one. I guess we can close this down, cos I don't need to fix it now.. :-)

Thanks for the info tho, appreciate this service very much, its helped me out a few times before.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi

Check out this link

http://www.geocities.com/rlcomp_1999/manual-smartstart.html

and updated driver for array for nt at attachement.

Regards,
Prashant S.

Nothing is impossible