cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTOSKRNL.exe is missing....

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

NTOSKRNL.exe is missing....

My ML530 stopped responding on unc and netbios, only answered on ping. I rebooted the machine the proper way and when it started up i got "ntoskrnl.exe is missing or corrput". Nothing had been installed on this machine for months. I booted the server with ERD commander (NTFS DOS) and included the sys-files for the built-in array 3200. I then step by step exchanged the ntoskrnl end the depending files but the problem persisted. I then put ntldr in the c:\-dir and rebooted, then the server stopped at ntdetect and said failure. I then formatted and installed NT4 server in the C:\-dir, applied srp6a and rebooted, so far so good. I then applied the drivers for the intel-nic, set ip etc, made domain member and rebooted. I then got "ntldr" is missing. Why is this? The compaq support said that this has something to do with the srp6a for NT and that i had to flash the bios and upgrade the firmware for the 3200-controller. I don?t really believe this, anyone who has had the same delicate problem?
(the server has an internal Adaptec 29160 SCSI for a external DLT)
/Joakim Bor?n
1 REPLY 1
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: NTOSKRNL.exe is missing....

Hello,
This is strictly OS issue for which you should be contacting Microsoft. The first thing you will be asked is Whether The System BIOS and Firmware version of your Controller is uptodate or not?? These two things do not affect your data at all. I would suggest you update System BIOS and firmware version before you go the next Step. If you need assistance in updating your System please feel free to contact our Tech Support at 1-800-OK-COMPAQ.

Regards,