cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVRAM Cleared on my G4 DL 380!

smicha3l
Occasional Visitor

NVRAM Cleared on my G4 DL 380!

I read a suggestion on a forum where someone cleared their NVRAM for their server and it worked wonders! for me i've failed to boot from C: even after using original Windows DVD's and the Smart Start HP Products I have no success. to make it worse my keyboard is no longer read.

this was done to help me boot from the ROM utility. It seems to be read but it continually goes back to 

Attempting to boot from CD-ROM

Attempting to boot from Hard Drive (C:)

Attempting to boot from NIC

what can one do? I want to install 2008 R2 and configure TMG since yesterday my weekend hasn't been well spent.

cheers

2 REPLIES
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: NVRAM Cleared on my G4 DL 380!

Hi,

When NVRAM is cleared, it clears system BIOS configuration and resets it to factory defaults.

Have you tried PS2 and USB Keyboards?

Once Keyboard works, go into BIOS and see what is the boot controller order.

Are the hard drives getting power, try to reseat the cables inside the server.

Good Luck!

Thank You!
I am a HP employee

Re: NVRAM Cleared on my G4 DL 380!

Reseat the keyboard and check, if not then swap with a known working PS2 or USB keyboard. Once the keyboard functionality is restored, restart the server and run the RBSU.  Check if the IDE controller of the CD-ROM drive is listed in the Boot Controller Order. Ensure that the cable connecting the CD-ROM is seated properly. Swap the operating system disk with a known working disk, if not the CD-ROM drive. Furthermore as suggested by Suman, check the hard drive sub-system.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy 

I work for HP
To say thanks click the white "thumbs up" icon below!!!
Server: AkamaiGHost Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html Content-Length: 215 Expires: Sun, 27 May 2018 08:21:37 GMT Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 08:21:37 GMT Connection: close Bad Request

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Reference #7.5f955b8.1527409297.0