4841 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Naming of iLO with extended BIOS

Paul Young_3
Frequent Advisor

Naming of iLO with extended BIOS

Hello everyone,

First I will give a little background to the issue I have come across. This all relates to the DL380s we use (G1-G3s), with our G1 machines we have PCI RIB boards in them or RILOE boards.

When the computer is renamed the board keeps the name that the computer was first built with (appearing in the blue title bar of the RIB board). This is easily resolved in this case by selecting F10 on boot and doing a SCU, then looking into the details when prompted and changing the RIB name that is carried in the BIOS.

However on the newer G3s we have iLO boards in place and they of course use an extended BIOS doing away with the Compaq system utilities and thus I have not been able to rename the iLO post a rename of the computer.

I have looked in the extended BIOS but nothing looks like what I need. Has anyone come across this and knows a fix?

Thank you all
why?
2 REPLIES 2
Grzegorz Karnas
Occasional Advisor

Re: Naming of iLO with extended BIOS

I am not sure that I understand your question because that is easy way to change ILO DNS name. Press F8 during ILO POST (it is first prompt during server initialization on DL380G3) log in to ILO an go to Network -> DHCP and there is ILO DNS name (and others settings) which you can easily change.

Grzes
Paul Young_3
Frequent Advisor

Re: Naming of iLO with extended BIOS

Thanks for the reply Grzes.

This issue has since been resolved. The answer is in another thread of the same name (double post....ooooppsssss).

In this case I an talking about the server anem the iLO has as opposed to the RIB name the iLO has. There is a difference....only slight though I guess
why?