ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753797 Members
7390 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need CFG files for G2. !CPQ0722.cfg and so forth.

kmill99

Need CFG files for G2. !CPQ0722.cfg and so forth.

Can anyone get me the CFG files for a g2 350?
I need them for the Compaq Configuration upon bootup.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The .CFG files were used with the F10 partition (system partition) on older Compaq servers (mainly G1's). The G2 models and beyond don't support the older system partition now as they have an embedded Rom-Based-Setup-Utility (RBSU) which you access with F9 after POST.

CPQ0722 is certainly the EISA ID code for a ML350G2 server.

Can you confirm what it is you are trying
to do?

Brian
kmill99

Hi Brian.

I am tying to do a fresh install of win2k, but I don├в t have the original cd's/disks. I have the raid controller Cd and have the disks setup, but I keep getting a blue screen upon bootup regarding an inaccessible boot device. I am assuming I am missing some of the necessary drivers for the server hardware.

Kevin
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Kevin,

You can download the Smartstart CD ISO images free of charge from here and then burn them using NERO and other CD-RW packages. If you build the system with Smartstart then all the drivers are loaded properly.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/subscription/ssdownloads.asp

A manual build would generally require the driver for the Smart Array controller to be loaded by pressing F6 when prompted to load an additional driver. You can get the correct drivers from here if required. you will need to know what type of Array controller you have but this will show during POST with a banner like "Smart Array 5302 etc".

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_2588.html

You can get a STOP 0X0000007B when the disk driver isn't loaded, out of date or its corrupt so it's best to try with Smartstart if possible.

I hope this helps.

Brian