Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help FAN IS ALWAYS LOUD + BMC Corrupt on Proliant ML110 G5

Sandy Haryono
Occasional Visitor

Need Help FAN IS ALWAYS LOUD + BMC Corrupt on Proliant ML110 G5

Hi,

Last two weeks ago i have updated a BIOS,
Then after i updated there is coming new problem, which is FAN IS ALWAYS LOUD + BMC Corrupt and my mouse and keyboard doesn't work well(Serial). then i ran the server using USB keyboard + mouse.

I have been searching in this forum which is we have to update BIOS Including Firmware Management and still returning no success. I have trying downgrade BIOS and then re-upgrade BIOS and still no luck.

The strange is if i am going to start doing firmware upgrade the system always refuse with message 'checksum do not match with file 'CPQQ0F82.486'.

So what should i do now? Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Sandy

4 REPLIES
hpaccount899
Occasional Visitor

Re: Need Help FAN IS ALWAYS LOUD + BMC Corrupt on Proliant ML110 G5

I have the exact same problem on an ML110 g6. When the ILO firmware was updated, the server locked up and the fans started blowing full power.

After a forced reboot, the fans are stuck on full blast, and the ps/2 ports no longer work - have to use usb mouse/keyboard instead.

Have tried resetting bios by removing battery, turning off 'blow out' feature. No luck. ILO and Bios firmware have since been updated successfully, but no change.

artemkapa
Occasional Visitor

Hello
Unfortunately after updating I had a same problem.
Really there is no decision for the given problem?

artemkapa
Occasional Visitor

Has solved the given problem
Has downloaded
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=ru&cc=ru&prodNameId=3984626&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3984625&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=54
Has created a load flash card
Also has alarmed anew
And all became normal

Craig Nicholas
Occasional Contributor

Thanks artempka.

My firmware update using cd 10.10 also stuck on Lights Out firmware update and stayed there for far in excess of 10 minutes. After cycling the power I got the BMC Firmware Corruption message (no onscreen warning this route).

I reapplied BIOS update then applied LightsOut Firmware update using the USB key.

Updated from 4.22 to 4.25 successfully and back to normal. Phew!

BTW: ML110 G6

Craig