5123 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need help in configuring ILO of dl580 G4

SWAP
Advisor

Need help in configuring ILO of dl580 G4

Hi Guyz,

We have Dl580 G4 server & would like to configure ILO. Please provide some documents or links which can help me to do so. Biggest constrain is I have do it remotely & the guy at other end is Level 1 engineer.

Please reply me as even I have never worked on this model series.
5 REPLIES 5
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

See http://www.hp.com/go/ilo for documentation.
THAKUR
Frequent Advisor

you need any more help ??
SWAP
Advisor

Thanks for the link which explained about ILO but I would like to have some ref. documents which can help my engineer in configuring ILO. cause I can't explain him over phone as he is from China & not familier with English.

Thanks.
KML
Visitor

To run iLO RBSU:
1. Restart or power up the server.
2. Press the F8 key when prompted during POST. The iLO RBSU runs.
3. If prompted, enter a valid iLO user ID and password with the appropriate iLO privileges (Administer User Accounts>Configure iLO Settings). Default account information is located on the iLO Default Network Settings tag attached to the server containing the iLO management processor. If iLO has not been configured to present a login challenge to the RBSU. No prompt will appear.
4. Make and save any necessary changes to the iLO configuration.
5. Exit iLO RBSU.
HP recommends using DNS or DHCP with iLO to simplify installation. If DNS/DHCP cannot be used, use the following procedure to disable DNS and DHCP and configure the IP address and the subnet mask:
1. Restart or power up the server.
2. Press the F8 key when prompted during POST. The iLO RBSU runs.
3. Enter a valid iLO user ID and password with the appropriate iLO privileges (Administer User Accounts>Configure iLO Settings). Default account information is located on the iLO Default Network Settings tag.
4. Select Network>DNS/DHCP, press the Enter key, and then select DHCP Enable. Press the spacebar to turn off DHCP. Be sure that DHCP Enable is set to Off, and save the changes.
5. Select Network>NIC>TCP/IP, press the Enter key, and enter the appropriate information in the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway IP Address fields.
6. Save the changes.
7. Exit iLO RBSU. The changes take effect when you exit iLO RBSU

Goodluck..

JeffGurley

Regarding the ILO security override switch for a DL580 G4, I took this photo.  It has the defaults set to off.    

Match this setting for S1 so that iLO 2 security will be enabled as normal.

Turn the S1 position to On if the security override is temporarily needed.