ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752427 Members
5603 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Need help installing additional Raid Controller on ML350 G5

McHummer

Need help installing additional Raid Controller on ML350 G5

I have the motherboard bundled E200 controller connected now and are thinking about extending the server with more drives via a P400 controller that i also have in my posession.

I also need an additional backplane and power for this new backplane i guess. How do i get power for this second backplane?

Can someone help me with steps to take to install additional P400 controller with cables, backplane etc. on an ML350 G5 or give other tips on how to attach at least two more sata disks to the server (shall be used as OS disks with Raid1) when the E200 controller already are full of storage disk.

1 REPLY 1
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Need help installing additional Raid Controller on ML350 G5

Hi,

Regarding power to the additional hard drive backplane, check the cables on the power supply backplane if any one of them can be connected to the hard drive backplane.

Ref to the attached image:

1-6 is the 6 x 3.5" (LFF) Hot-Plug SAS/SATA hard drive bays.

1-8 is the 8 x 2.5" (SFF) Hot-Plug SAS/SATA hard drive bays.

Refer to HP ProLiant ML350 Generation 5 Server Maintenance and Service Guide for cabling and SFF, LFF drive cage information and part numbers.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo