1748180 Members
3818 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need help with windows 2000 install on ML370

Hank Ynostroza
Occasional Contributor

Need help with windows 2000 install on ML370

The school I work for has a Proliant ML370 server running with Windows 2000 server, but due to the previous mess-ups with the last tech I have to reinstall windows 2000. Ok when i install it, it tells me it cant find any hard drives, I forgot it had a SCSI drive so I tried to find the driver for the SCSI, but cant seem to find the right one. The server uses a compaq Wide Ultra 3 SCSI, if you need more info I will give it, what do i need to download in order to install windows 2000?
3 REPLIES 3
Georg Tresselt
Honored Contributor

Go and look if you can find any CDs/DVDs or diskettes that were delivered along with the machine. Most likely you will find the drivers there.

If don't have them anymore, look how is the producer of your SCSI controller and then search their website.
http://www.tresselt.eu
e4services
Honored Contributor

Hank,
THe easiest way is through the SmartStart CD that accompanies all the Proliants. Sounds as if you have not seen such a thing. Otherwise you can install the the OS manually. I have attached a document which walks you through the process. We also have a document in our Web site support section to help with the SmartStart CD install.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Hank Ynostroza
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your responses. I downloaded the files i needed but one is kind of confusing me a tad. The ACU, I downloaded the Compaq Array Utility All, but what I am confused about is, do I make diskettes from them? The server is already non-functional in the sense there is no OS installed on it period, All the diskettes and any software i would need to install onto the server will be made from my windows xp machine, all the files on the Comapaq Array Configuration Utility is too large to put on a diskette. So how do i do this specific task? I did pretty much all of the steps except this one of course, just out of curisousity i tried again to install windows and still it tells me it sees no drives. I truely do apologize for being a novice in this area, I work on more repairing computers not really servers, but the school is a low budgeted school and I am there only tech they could get.