1753729 Members
4683 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need power supply bracket for ML370 G1

Renne Cavanaugh_1
Occasional Contributor

Need power supply bracket for ML370 G1

I have an ML370 that I swapped out the 3 redundant hot-plugable power supplies for a single PS unit - however this is the first time I've done that and I didn't realize there is a bracket screwed on to the chassis in the back that holds the single PS in place. These are taken off when installing the redundant PS cage. (for the lack of these brackets in the marketplace, people must just throw them away) Anyway, I can't find a part number - HP wasn't able to give me a part number. And, I can't find this part anywhere. The 1600 bracket is too small.

Does anyone know a source that carries odd parts for Proliants? I've searched internet and Ebay to death (mine) and, short of buying another unit for parts, I don't know what else to do. I don't even know what to call this thing. Thanks for any advice. (In the meantinme I did discover yet another use for duct tape!)

Renne

2 REPLIES 2
sgunelius
Trusted Contributor

Renne,

I usually try looking at a maintenance guide for the server in question. The first chapter in the maintenance guides is usually the Illustrated Parts Catalog and there is a section that lists all of the spare part numbers for the components.

Unfortunately there is no part number listed for the brackets and they aren't even shown in the "exploded view" or the section that outlines how to replace the power supply.

I've had luck using Chestnut Micro (www.chestnutmicro.com) and Ambry (www.ambry.com) for after-market components on ProLiant servers, but I don't know if that'll help. I've got some old parts from several ML370 redundant power supply conversion and will see if I have any old parts. If I find anything, I'll post it.

Scott
Renne Cavanaugh_1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Scott - that's what I found too - no part number. I even called HP - no number. I've used Aubrey, but not the other one you mentioned. I'll try it.

Renne