1748154 Members
3625 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need system specs by searching on serial number

Jon White
Regular Advisor

Need system specs by searching on serial number

I have read a number of threads similar to my request, but none of them have the answer.

I have 4 remote servers that I have the serial numbers to them. I need to look up their factory shipped specifications by the serial number. They have not been modified since they were removed from the box and put in service.

Many of the threads referenced using the System Management Page. One catch with these servers is that they are VMWare ESX servers and do not have the utilities that would be available on a Windows OS installation.

Any suggestions?
No matter where you go, there you are....
5 REPLIES 5
Ken Henault
Honored Contributor

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

If the systems have iLO2, you can log into the iLO2 web interface and get most if not all the information you need.

The main system status page shows the serial number / part number. You can look up the part number to see what came in the ssytem. Click the system information link and you can see what CPU(s) and memory modules are installed.

iLO probably shows some of this information, but I don't have any of the older systems to verify.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jon, be carefull about using the insight agents with ESX though as a lot of people have seen persistent SCSI errors and some other odd issues with these services running.

Have you tried the warranty chekker?

http://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/ewarranty/warrantyInput.do

I'm not sure, if it give you the information You want, otherwise you can try the quickspecs for the model, and use the part number, that will tell you the base configuration (Mostly without drives)

or post the s/n's here, and tell what you will like to know.

Cheers
/jag

Accept or Kudo

Jon White
Regular Advisor

I was able to get the information I needed from the link in this thread.
No matter where you go, there you are....