Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to locate Smartstart 5.6 software and direction of SCSI adapter

Joseph Candullo_1
Occasional Contributor

Need to locate Smartstart 5.6 software and direction of SCSI adapter

Hello everyone,
I have a first generation ML370. I need to locate Smartstart 5.6 software for proper installation of Windows 2000 Server. Cannot locate software. Also, need guided direction on configuring SCSI channels. This unit has a Integrated Dual Channel Wide Ultra 2 SCSI Adapter. I would use two disks in a RAID-1 for the OS, and use 3 disks in RAID-5 for the data only. If possible I would like to put the volumes on separate SCSI channels so they can each have fully dedicated SCSI bus speeds. Is this possible, if so how? Humbly appreciate any help possible. Thank you.
1 REPLY
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Re: Need to locate Smartstart 5.6 software and direction of SCSI adapter

The last version of SmartStart that will run on the ML370 for an OS install is 5.5. Compaq did not release a 5.6; from the 5.5 they jumped to 6.0. Since you are configuring your drive on the SCSI channels you would be configuring a SW RAID configuration; unless you have the integrated raid controller. I am assuming that you are going to be using the Hot Plug drive; in which case you cannot connect it as you wish. The drive cage is simplex, so you can connect in to only one channel.
There’s your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!