cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to update SSSTKSYS

Roger Guevara
Occasional Visitor

Need to update SSSTKSYS

I bought a DL145 and it is not listed in the SSSTKSYS.INI file. Where can I get this information and how. It is not in the latest SmartStart Scripting Toolkit download.
5 REPLIES
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

Re: Need to update SSSTKSYS

Roger,
Unfortunately the SSSTK only supports the DL300 series and higher. No support for the DL145.
Ed Cox
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

Roger Guevara
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for your very fast response. What bothers me is that we bought the DL145s with the default (No-CD) configuration. That is because the DL140 and DL145 are supposed to be deployed with RDP. And it can't be done! Am I doing something wrong here?
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

Hi,

Take a look here:
www.hp.com/servers/rdp/kb

and search for DL145; then you will see this item: http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/rdp/knowledgebase/00000124.html

enjoy your RDP installation!
Greetings, jeroen
(I am an HPE employee and a HPE OneSphere evangelist)
Engage as well with HPE OneSphere experts at our new slack channels for quick and agile discussions around HPE OneSphere and HPE Dev: https://www.labs.hpe.com/slack
If your question is resolved then please acknowledge that and/or provide Kudo's.
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

Roger,
RDP sounds like a good plan...however RDP (from a Proliant perspective) depends upon the SSSTKSYS.ini file to identify servers. So if you want to script an install using RDP ...you are really using RDP as just a front end to do a an SSSTK install. And that in turn is dependent on the DL145 being correctly identified by SYSTYPE.exe. And if the DL145 returns a code that is not found in the SSSTKSYS.ini file, then conrep.exe (which does hardware\bios info capturing) can't work either.
Looks to me like a Smartstart install is your best bet. However...once you get the OS installed on the first box...Try the hardware and OS image capture job just to see if Conrep can identify the DL145. Worth a shot.
Good luck,
Ed