cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netelligent 10/100 TX PCI problems

Russ_15
Occasional Visitor

Netelligent 10/100 TX PCI problems

Hello, I have just upgraded from a NetFlex-3/P 10 T. And I am having considerable problems. I have set the NIC to 100 FULL and the port on the 3com switch is also set to 100 FULL. I have set everything I can see correctly (I think) but I am getting intermittent network outages connecting to this (old) server. It effects printing and file shares. Does anyone know of problems with this NIC (maybe I've just got a faulty one) - any ideas would be warmly received. Many Thanks (This is a Prosignia 200 server)
2 REPLIES
Ron Amos
Valued Contributor

Re: Netelligent 10/100 TX PCI problems

Hi Russ,

Some additional things to consider:

1) Anytime there has been a Hardware change on a Proliant Server we need to Clear the System Board ROM Chip of any previous Configuration, then re-configure Server via System Configuration Utility (SCU). This will properly assign System resources. Suggest running current SCU via Diskette as if you have a System Partition it may not be large enough to upgrade (at least 36MB Size req'd)
Current SCU is SP19619.EXE available at http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html

I will attach a Word Document explaining this procedure prepared by one of our Tech's (Not a HP official DOC)

2) Also you may need to upgrade the System ROMPaq (BIOS) via SP14126.EXE available at http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/8540.html
OR on a Smart Start CD Version 5.50 or earlier. ROM P05 ProSignia 200 (04/19/2000)

Suggest that you upgrade BIOS if it is req'd before "Clearing NVRAM & Re-Configuring"

3) Also apply the latest NIC Drivers available in our Proliant Support Pack (PSP) type is dependent on your Operating System and is available at www.hp.com or via Smart Start CD.

Ron
There are some people who live in a dream world
Russ_15
Occasional Visitor

Re: Netelligent 10/100 TX PCI problems

Hello guys,

Thanks very much for the info here -- I did the System Utility stuff and it picked up the card and I guess updated the ROM (or whatever it does !!) - the other package (single disk) didn't find any hardware that could be upgraded. The machine is now running smoother and I am seeing no network problems. Thanks again.