1753776 Members
7295 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Netelligent Config

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Netelligent Config

Have inherited a Proliant 1600 on NT4 SP6a with Compaq Netelligent 10/100 TX PCI UTP and a Compaq Netelligent 10/100 TX Embedded UTP. The current configuration for the two networks cards is a nightmare.

I want to start from scratch and wipe the existing configurations for these network cards and set it up so that the cards are in a team with the same IP address and a switch on fail.

How do I go about doing this? Do I need to wipe everything (NT) and start again or do I run a Smartstart CD and configure it via this.

Never done anything like this before so any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

You should run smartstart cd and instal SSDs. Your nic must have compaq drivers.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your reply. However I'm still having problems and just seem to be going round in circles.

I have listed as adaptors, Controller Pair, Compaq Network Fault Tolerant Team, Compaq Netelligent 10/100 TX PCI UTP Slot 6 Bus 0 and Compaq Netelligent 10/100 TX Embedded UTP.

Whenever I try to do anything in the Network panel I either get a CPQTTAC.exe error or OEMNAD0.inf not present error.

If I boot into the SmartStart, because the server is pre-configured I get the utilities. Running the System Config Utility just lists server build but doesn't appear to reset the NIC set-up.

How do I clear out the current network team setup and (re)create a single network switch on fail team with single IP address for the team and both cards. Do I need to drop and uninstall the cards and teams using the TLAN configuration utility or do I need to do something else in SmartStart.

Thanks.