cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netware 4.2

DARRELL TOM
Occasional Contributor

Netware 4.2

I have been trying to install Netware 4.2 on a Proliant ML350 G2 with no luck. When I try to install Netware 4.2, the sysem abends when SERVER.NLM tries to load. I thought it might be a problem with having dual processors, so I removed the second processor. The same thing happened. The following message was displayed when it tried to load SERVER.NLM

The CPU encoutered a problem executing code in SERVER.NLM. The problem may be in that module or in data passed to that module by another nlm.
The running process will be suspended.

I know that Compaq says that they do not support Netware 4.2 on a Proliant ML350 G2. I am trying to do a manual install.

Our old server died and we need to get this new one up and running ASAP. We are planning to upgrade to 5x or 6x but at a later date.

Does anyone have any ideas?
2 REPLIES
Theo Hill_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Netware 4.2

Did you try both processors in the primary slot?
David N. Clyde, Jr.
Occasional Visitor

Re: Netware 4.2

We've done dozens of these over the past year. The only difference is that our ML350s were single processors. First, we had to define the Raid 5. Then we had to create the NWUPDATE subdirectory in the DOS partition with all the required drivers. Then we had to do a custom installation to actually succeed. The build did see all the ML350 devices. We documented the process...Let me know if you are interested.