4232 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Netware 5 on Proliant ML110

Ranjeet Kapur
Occasional Contributor

Netware 5 on Proliant ML110

Hi,

I am trying to install Netware 5 SBS on a ProLiant 110 with a SCSI drive. My problem is that I get stuck at the point when Netware tried to load the SCSI controller. (I have installed the PIV patch for Netware that came with the HP CD.) I am using the SCSI controller that came with the CD. During install, Netware can grab the controller from the diskette but then gets stuck trying to load it. Any suggestions ??
9 REPLIES 9
toomas_aas
Frequent Advisor

Re: Netware 5 on Proliant ML110

How exactly does it get stuck? It's been a while since I last installed NW5, but I remember that storage drivers usually need to be given a slot number as parameter. Maybe it's waiting on another screen for you to enter the slot number?
Ranjeet Kapur
Occasional Contributor

Hi Toomas,

When I load the driver I don't get prompted for a slot number. It is being assigned automatically (slot #2). What happens is I go through the process of loading the driver from the diskette and thhen hit "continue" to continue with the installation. At the point Novell says "Loading Driver" with the name of the driver in the top right hand corner and just stays there. The funny thing is while selecting the driver, if the selected driver list reads "LSIMPTNW, IDEATA" then the installation gets stuck while loading LSIMPTNW and if the selected driver list reads "IDEATA, LSIMPTNW" , then it gets stuck while loading IDEATA.
Edwin H Hall Jr

I had the same problem on and ibm e-server
Had to load nw 5 sp6A before the ham would work

Ed
Ranjeet Kapur
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ed,

I├В┬┤ll try that. Were you doing a new install, or did you patch an existing install ?

Thanks
Ranje
Ranjeet Kapur
Occasional Contributor

Ed,

A follow up to the last question. If you were doing a new install how did install the service pack before getting to the part where you need to specify the storage adapters. I don├В┬┤t think there s an overlay CD for Netware5.0 with SP 6a

Thanks
Ranje
Edwin H Hall Jr

good question,
I had to load a new install on an ide drive, load the service pack, then load the lsimptnw.ham. for the scsi drives
Ranjeet Kapur
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ed,

So you installed Netware on the IDE drive and then later added the SCSI drive to the system. You have both the drives on your system and when Netware boots, it boots off the IDE drive. Is that correct ? Or did you later do a copy of the install onto the SCSI drive and now you boot off of that ?
I am hoping to end up with just the SCSI drive on my system and not put an IDE (just to boot Netware) and a SCSI.
Hopefully I make sense :)

Thanks
Ranjeet
Edwin H Hall Jr

no I still boot of off the ide drive
am going to duplex that drive
I did not have time to put a boot partition on the scsi array,
but it should work if you copy the files
Orlando Arenas

Hi,

You have to use Custom Install.

The problem is the module MPS14.PSM. Do you see this module in the first line in the window with the storage drivers. Remove it and not install any module for multiprocessor. (SMP)

This is because the HT Processor in not compatible with multiprocessing in Netware.

Orlando