1753326 Members
5161 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Network Card Teaming Errors

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Network Card Teaming Errors

I am encountering a problem utilizing the Compaq Teaming software/drivers to provide a resilient network connection. The server is using the two onboard NC3163 Fast Ethernet interfaces configured for fail-over and although the actual set-up and fail-over works, we are getting constant errors within the system event view. I am receiving Event ID's 257 & 259 (errors) a couple of times a day which are saying that connectivity has been lost on one of the interfaces. I am also receiving event id's 25975 & 25977 every minute (warnings) saying that one of the NIC's is not receiving and then immediately that the receive status has been restored. I have checked the port status and errors on the switch that the server is connected to and these all show normal operation.

I am using the driver for these cards, version 1.0.1.18 which is the only one I can find on the Internet. In the card properties, under the teaming software it states driver version 4.29.01.0011. The network cards are installed within NT as a Compaq NC3163 Fast Ethernet.

I would appreciate help asap,
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Network Card Teaming Errors

reload SP6
update ethernet drives from compaq smartstart v4.90
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Network Card Teaming Errors

Might help - but you should be using SP6A as SP6 itself has issues...