1753854 Members
7987 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Network Cards

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Network Cards

I am having a nightmare getting the Network cards to work stably in Redhat 7.0 Is there anything you can offer in the way of advice?
I configured the NICs using Linuxconf, and I can ping the server, but I cannot ping out.
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Network Cards

Have set up gateway information?
How about dns (check /etc/resolv.conf)
If you can ping the server you only reach the NIC. Try a known IP-adr. on your network segment. Also the cable should be checket

If all fails, get hold on an a crossed cable and connect directly to another computer (with the same network addr)

regards
Ole
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Have you set up gateway information?
(You may want to try the 'netconf' utility from a shell prompt)
How about dns (check /etc/resolv.conf)
If you can ping the server you only reach the NIC. Try a known IP-adr. on your network segment. Also the cable should be checket

If all fails, get hold on an a crossed cable and connect directly to another computer (with the same network addr)

regards
Ole
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

First, verifiy what the exact Intel chip set that is being used on the network controller. Then install the latest Linux driver for your chip set from Intel's web site at this web address.

http://support.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/100Linux.htm

The latest Intel chip sets use the "e100" driver, not the older "epro100" driver that ships with the Linux OS.