ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752866 Members
3733 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Network Configuration Utility 10.10.00 Teaming Problems !!

rob brierley
Advisor

Network Configuration Utility 10.10.00 Teaming Problems !!

Hi all

We've recently experieiced an issue with the Network Configuration Unility (10.10.00) that comes PSP 8.60 for x64 Windows 2008 R2.

Configured network teaming on 2 network cards (out of the 4 that come on board DL380 G7) but all options are then greyed out, so we cannot get into the 'Team', 'Disolve' or 'VLAN' options to make any changes. This is annoying as we need to disolve the team.

Downgrading to the Network Configuration Unility 10.00.00 from PSP 8.5 has solved the issue, but this is obviously not an ideal situation

Anyone had similar issues or have any ideas about what might be causing this?

4 REPLIES 4
Ali
HPE Pro

HI Rob,

from my experience, NIC driver and NCU should have released on the same date as compatiblity is tested by HP.

clean install of driver and NCU helped in my case.

Multifuction features like TOE, slide scaling seems to have created lot of issue so disable those feature from NIC property under NCU and try.

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

SoahamSP
Occasional Advisor

Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Rob,

As mentioned in the previous Post, registery editing does help in this scenario
Simply navigate to├Г┬в├В ├В┬ж

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Find the key (folder) that represents your NIC Team (for example 0012), which you can find by looking for the ├Г┬в├В ├В TeamName├Г┬в├В ├В value under each key until you find your team.

Create a new String value (REG_SZ) called:
VLANPromiscuous

Set it to 0 (disabled/default) or 1 (enabled).

thanks,
aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

rob brierley
Advisor

Thanks for your post, I'm not currently in the office but will try out your suggestions when I return

Rob