Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Connection Issues with ML350 G6/Broadcom BCM5715 NIC/SLES (SUSE) 10 SP4

evandeve01
Occasional Visitor

Network Connection Issues with ML350 G6/Broadcom BCM5715 NIC/SLES (SUSE) 10 SP4

Hello All,

Been battling with an install for some time now.  System is a Proliant ML350 G6 with a Broadcom BCM5715 dual port NIC.  At the beginning of install, found out that the shipped firmware for Linux was outdated, and had to use the firmware within SmartStart 8.7 in order for SLES 10 SP4 to see logical drives.  Got past that and then onto the next step of connecting server to network.  Now the OS is seeing the NIC and its ports, the driver TG3 is allocated to the board/ports, and everthing is properly configured, but still no network connectivity.  I believe the problem lies with the TG3 driver on the install disk is not meant for the firmware within 8.7.  Does anyone know what the latest TG3 NIC driver that works with the firmware within SmartStart 8.7 is, and where I can download it from? 

Also, in the event I am barking up the wrong tree, had anyone experienced the same problem?  And if so, what did you do?

Also have been in daily conversation with Novell, and they also are scratching their heads about this one...

Thanks

1 REPLY
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor