2993 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Network Interfaces

Elisabeth Rhomberg
Occasional Contributor

Network Interfaces

Hello,
I have a HP Pro Liant ML370 G4 Server since few month. Now I wanted to install a new Network Interface from 3com a Gigabit Network Adapter specially designed for Server use. But after installing it and starting the server, I get the Message that this network card is unsupported and I should replace it. The thing what I don┬┤t understand is that I also have a Pro Liant ML370 G3 Server since one year where I also put the same network adapter inside which I wanted to put in the new Server. There the card works perfectly.
Now my question:
Is there any possibility to take this card or do I have to put away the card (would be expensive), and why did the new Server not accept this card?

Greetings,
Floria
3 REPLIES 3
marie-noelle jeanson_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: Network Interfaces

Floria,

What is the part-number of the card you are trying to use? Did you buy it directloy from 3com? does HP says this is a supported card? Are you sure your card is in a slot that supports it (PCI versus PCI-X)?
Sorry, more questions than answers,

Marie.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

G4 Server requires 64bit/133MHz data path Cards to be used.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12029_na/12029_na.HTML
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

It's possible this is an issue similar to CN0437W. This customer notice indicates it's a problem with the chipset causing an issue.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..