1754021 Members
7801 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Network Load Balancing

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Network Load Balancing

We have a Compaq Prolient 6400R running Windows 2000 Advanced Server which is used for Terminal Services (Application Mode)
2 Duel NICs Compaq NC3122 and NC3131 these cards are using Compaq Load Balancing, balancing by IP Address. I have both the latest Nic drivers and Teaming drivers for windows 2000. The problem I am having is we have a number of print server six d-link DP-101P+ and a HP print server.
Apart from the Compaq 6400R server anywhere else on the network I can ping the print servers, from the load balanced server I can ping 1 maybe 2 its intermitent if I unplug 3 of the network cables from back of the 6400 leaving just 1 I can ping everything, if put one of the network cables back in so I have 2 network connection I can ping maybe 3 of the print servers.
I am not sure if the problem lies with the compaq teaming or with the print servers, the clients pc that are on the network have d-link DFE-530Tx NICs
and there is no problems with these.

Please Help!!!!

Paul
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Network Load Balancing

Not exactly the same problem..but we have been trying to diagnose a problem with the Dual NIC. Compaq Load Balancing says the NICs are set a 100/Full but our switch only sees it at 100/half. We are counting the errors up rapidly and users are unable to open or save documents to the server.