cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Performace Problems with ML 310

Mannoni Marco
Occasional Visitor

Network Performace Problems with ML 310

Hi. I have a customer with four Proliant ML310 Servers. We have changed in the last weeks all clients (new HP DX 6100 with Windows XP SP2), the Network cabling (100Mbit Ethernet) and a new Cisco Switch. The Servers have Windows 2003 Standard with all Patches. But now, we have some Network Performance Problems when all Users (only six) work together on the systems. The Windows Explorer often freezes for 30-60 seconds when a User wants to open a Network Drive. Even when the User tries to open a File on the Server, the System often freezes for several seconds. If only one or two Users are on the system, everything is ok! So, I checked the Name Resolution, the Network Settings on the Clients, on the Servers and on the Switch but everything seems to be ok. Then I updated all the Servers with the HP relevant Software (Bios, Proliant Support Pack, etc.), but nothing helps. So, because the server’s components in the Server are a bit cheap (no Raid, ATA Disks…) I think the problem is the Server, because I have checked everything! Is there anyone who have the same problems with Systems like thes