1753979 Members
4975 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Network Performance on DL380G5

Deryck Bodnarchuk
Occasional Contributor

Network Performance on DL380G5

Hi everyone, we have a DL380G5 backing up a DL380G7 running Windows 2008r2.  Both servers have NC522SFP nics in them connecting over 10Gbps.  We are seeing utilization of 10% meaning 1gbps.

We even tried hooking the servers up to each other and removing the network. Same thing.  File copies are at maximum of 200MB/s, which doesn't add up.  We should be seeing 800 or more I would think.

Iperf between the two servers only runs quickly if we change the window size to 256000 from the default of 8000.  We can see utilization of 62% when running iperf, but that doesn't really help.  At least we know the servers can drive and receive at high speeds!

If anyone can post what they are seeing on their servers, it would be really helpfull. Maybe someone has some ideas on how to increase the performance?

Thanks,

Deryck

3 REPLIES 3
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Network Performance on DL380G5

You may try disabling TCP/IP offload and Receive Side Scaling and check if the performance improves.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Dr_Ing_Sosa
Frequent Advisor

DL380 G5 with I assume P400i RAID controller. I assume you are just hitting the limits of the disk subsystem. The higher speeds with iperf would seem to confirm that.

Deryck Bodnarchuk
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the comments.  We are gathering more information today and will see how it goes.