Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Ports on Enclosure failing after installation of Connectivity Kit

Darren Bolton_1
Occasional Contributor

Network Ports on Enclosure failing after installation of Connectivity Kit

Hey All,

I've just installed a BL p-Class Connectivity Kit into one of our enchance blade enclosures.

Since doing this network ports 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 on SwitchA have stopped working.

I've been in and checked the configuration and it says they are enabled but I get no activity lights when the a blade is inserted and running, but ports 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 and 16 remain to work.

Have I done something wrong?

Cheers
2 REPLIES
Paul_594
Advisor

Re: Network Ports on Enclosure failing after installation of Connectivity Kit

Just to let you know I am experiencing exactly the same thing. We are running a GbE2 + San connectivity kit and are experiencing the same issue.

After removing all VLAN's and making a very simple configuration I have found the ilo ports are not getting DHCP addresses although from the GbE2 stats they do seem to be sending some data.

I have the exact same kit and config on a older standard encolure with G2 blades and it's working well.

Hope someone out there has a solution.
Paul_594
Advisor

Re: Network Ports on Enclosure failing after installation of Connectivity Kit

Another forum member (Craig Jackson) answered my problem, it was due to the fact that I was using an enhanced encolsure.

If so you need to use the ILO port on the enclosure itself.

If your not using an enhanced enclosure are you sure your interconnect trunking is working and you are tagging the required VLAN's?

Can you post firmware revisions or sample config?