New Discussion юеВ

Re: Network Teaming Automation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Aglat Thierry
Occasional Advisor

Network Teaming Automation

Hello,
I would like to automate the Teaming building (w2k3 OS) and try to find out how the HP utilities sort out the network cards. It use to be the same as inthe XML generated by hpdiscovery/hwdiscovery, but on my DL380 G5 with NC360T, it is not the case. I saw on a HP white paper that it exists a batch file called getnicnumber.bat (using hpnetinfo.exe), butI can't find it.

Can someone give me some hints on that please?
10 REPLIES 10
Aglat Thierry
Occasional Advisor

Hi everybody,

Really nobody has a begining of answer?
Wernle Marc
Occasional Advisor

Hi Thierry

The hpnetinfo.exe is inclued in W2K3 when you are using nics with possibility for teaming. See here: - http://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/networking/TeamingWP.pdf

Hpnetinfo.exe
HPNETINFO is a Windows Server 2003 utility that allows for querying and retrieving network adapter
related information from a server. For example, find the number of NICs in a server, display network
adapter model numbers, retrieve Local Area Connection (LAC) information, etc. The utility is normally used
in conjunction with several sample batch files: getlacinfo.bat, getmodel.bat, getnetov.bat,
getnicnumber.bat, and getnumlacs.bat. All of these batch files are delivered in the HP ProLiant Network
Adapter Teaming Component Pack.

I'll inform you if i found more details.
Regards
Marc
Aglat Thierry
Occasional Advisor

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reply. I got those files (exe + bat). But I certainly miss the parameters to run those script as they definitively give no output when I run them. If someone knows the way to get some output with that tool, a gib thank in advance .
Wernle Marc
Occasional Advisor

Hi Theirry

I checked on 2 servers - one with and one without teaming. I did only recieve details for the command on the server WITH the configured teaming. Here the options:

hpnetinfo /p lac /n [LAC Number]
hpnetinfo /p number available>
hpnetinfo /p model system>
hpnetinfo /p overview configuration>
hpnetinfo /p mac /h associated with the provided MAC address> hpnetinfo /s ip_mac /h /i [/g ] [/d
] /m /v provided MAC address and VLAN. If VLAN is 0 or unspecified, no vlan is used> hpnetinfo /s ip_lac /l /i [/g ] [/d ] /m

Regards
Marc
Aglat Thierry
Occasional Advisor

Hi Marc

I did start the tool with the parameters, but I still get no output. Even if I know that it does something as when the HP teaming utility is opened, I get an error message for resource lock. Please could you provide me a screen shot of the command and of the result?
Wernle Marc
Occasional Advisor

Hi Thierry

Is the teaming on your nics activated and conifgured? It was only available to run and recive data with this command on my server with active an configured teaming!

Regards
Marc
Aglat Thierry
Occasional Advisor

yes it is
Wernle Marc
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Hi Thierry
sounds for me to be a problem with the teaming. I have run the command with some parameters and here you can see the results:

C:\>hpnetinfo /p number
C:\>hpnetinfo /p model
ProLiant DL380 G4
C:\>hpnetinfo /p overview
Nics=2;
NicVlans=0;
Teams=1;
TeamVlans=0;
Version=8.60.0.11;

Can you tell me the location of the hpnetinfo.exe file?

Regards
Marc
Aglat Thierry
Occasional Advisor

c:\app\HP\NCU
The directory is on the %path%
We are running PSP 7.90