108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Network Teaming and configuration Utility

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Network Teaming and configuration Utility

Hello,

Can someone help me with the following problem :

I have reinstalled My compaq server Proliant 1600 with 2 network cards (Compaq NC3120 Fast Ethernet NIC and Netelligtent 10/100 TX PCI UTP Embedded I/O 3800). With the "Network Teaming and configuration Utility"-tool from the smartstart CD i see only the "Compaq NC3120 Fast Ethernet NIC " and not the other one. What i want to do is Load balancing with both of the cards. How can i solve this problem ?

Thx for helping,

Vincent Vanneste
4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Network Teaming and configuration Utility

Hello Vincent,
You need to run System Config Utlity after making any harware changes. Please therefore, update your system Bios and then run the System config utility. If you need further assistance please contact our tech support at 1-800-ok-compaq.

Regards
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hey Sunil J,

I have upgraded the system BIOS to the version of 11/08/2000. I have run the System Config Utility, and restarted. The problem is still the same. I have seen in the different compaq utility's that my Netteligent network card is shown in "Advanced Network Control Utility" and the Compaq NC3120 is shown in the "Networking teaming and configuration utility". But the problem still exists : I can't team both network cards ! Can you please give me a following tip ?

thx,

Vincent Vanneste
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I don't know what O/S you are running (NT4.0 / Windows 2000).
But let me take a guess. NT4?
If so and you have a Embedded Adapter that is a Netelligent 10/100, then it has a TLAN Based Chip Set.
If you are installing a NC3120, it has a Intel Based Chip Set.

In Windows NT4.0, these two adapters use different software and do not allow for cross teaming between them.
Meaning if you want to do teaming and use NT4.0, you must have (2) TLAN Based Adapters (Netelligent 10/100) etc. and use the CPQTTAC Utility.
Or. you must have (2) NC Series Adapters and use the CPQNTAC Utility.

mark-
iparvaz

What you need to do is simple, install your os with the one network card. Install the latest version of Th HP teaming utility, this will only show you one nic, you need to then updtae the network card driver for the second nic, retstart the server and run the utility it will then pick up both nics and you can configure the team.