1751685 Members
5369 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Network problem with Proliant ML350 G3

Boris Demin
Advisor

Network problem with Proliant ML350 G3

I have encountered a network problem with Proliant ML350 G3 server. It seems that NC7766
on-board network adapter loose connection with the rest of network machines once in a while. I have installed additional network card to PCI slot (33 MHz) and keep on working through it with seemingly no further network problem. Just a few months ago we replaced the system board on that server because of the problem spoken above but the replacement didn't solve the problem. Would you suggest any possible solution for it?
Regards,
Boris Demin
2 REPLIES 2
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Re: Network problem with Proliant ML350 G3

Hi,

Which make or card we have installed.as it is giving us the failure. If HP make use teaming as if one goes down you can work on other NIC. Second, part about nic failure. try to run Daignotic ( Windows Daignostics ) which is available from web

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/
Put Custom test the select nic put it for 10 loop of test.

Which OS we are working.
Any entries of nic failure in IML.
Whic support Pack installed.
FW for Nic.
Check for following information.

Regards,
Prasahnt S.

Nothing is impossible
Boris Demin
Advisor

Re: Network problem with Proliant ML350 G3

The OS installed on the server is MS Windows 2000 Server. Too, recently we have carried out two operations:
1) updated NC7766 driver; now we have driver ver. 7.35.0.0 of 07.01.2004
2) started Update Utility ver. 1.2 A (Firmware And PXE Code Update Recommended For NC77XX-Series Gigabit Server Adapters - ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp23501-24000/SP23573.exe) because it includes NC7760 Firmware Version 2.35 (Corrects dropped links that intermittently occurred with firmware version 2.34.)
Regards,