1753948 Members
7675 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Network teaming driver install fails

Don Gonzales_1
Occasional Advisor

Network teaming driver install fails

I have a DL580 that is running W2K AS with SP3. I can install SS 6.3 except for the network teaming driver. We need this since we team our nics. The setup logs don't help and same with re-installing. So any help would be highly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Claude Boileau
Valued Contributor

Re: Network teaming driver install fails

Hi Don

The nic teaming is install when with the CSP (Compaq support pack). Available on our web site.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Is this the original DL580 or G2? What does the log say? Does it say it's not required? Or it's already up to date?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Don Gonzales_1
Occasional Advisor

The log says install failed. It simply won't let you install. I manage about 100 of these DL580s that are G1s. They are all the same configs. This is the only one I'm having problems with. I need to find at least a registry key that will allow me to cleanly
remove remnants of the previous teaming driver install on this machine.
Vijay Devadason

You can uninstall the teaming driver from the LAN connection properties in windows 2000. Once you uninstall the teaming driver, try to install just the teaming driver - found at http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/17449.html.
finis coronat opus - "The End Crowns The Work".
Connery
Trusted Contributor

Don,
HP Teaming installs as a network interface the same as a physical adapter. If something happened during an install that caused your problem, you may need to remove 'left behind' registry keys, as you suggest.

Goto the following location in your registry:
HKLM/SYSTEM/CURRENTCONTROLSET/CONTROL/CLASS/{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}.
All of your network interfaces will be listed under this key enumerated as 0000 - XXXX. Click on each one until you see Teaming listed under the DRIVERDESC value. If you find it, you can delete the entire key (e.g. 0001). Beware that if HP NIC Teaming is still installed, doing this is not advised.

After you delete the offending key, you should be able to install Teaming once again. We've seen this type of error before and the above steps resolved the problem.

Best regards,
-sean