cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New DL120 G7, Windows Update ?

benniessg
Occasional Advisor

New DL120 G7, Windows Update ?

I am setting up two new DL120 G7 servers.  (they will become the new domain controllers soon).  I got things going using the HP SmartStart CD.  Setup iLO 3.  Set up RAID 10 on the P410.  Installed the Proliant SPP.  And I just finished installing Windows 2008 R2 SP1 Standard on one of them.  And added it to my network.

Now, since I am new to this, I'm not sure what will possibly be automatically updated along the way.  I don't recall everything I saw when using the SPP DVD and now that I have Windows 2008 R2 installed, I assume I want to go ahead and use Windows Update also.  Or, are there HP initiated updates related to this SPP stuff that would preclude using Windows Update?  My gut feeling is to use Windows Update, but I just wanted to check here to be sure.

I've run into a few little things that seem logical, but you never know for sure until you ask. 

And any other info regarding updates would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 REPLY
benniessg
Occasional Advisor

Re: New DL120 G7, Windows Update ?

Interesting.  Almost 50 views and no reply.

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and follow my instincts and do the Windows Updates and assume that the preliminary SPP stuff was just that, the preliminary, initial setup.  And any new updates have to come directly from Windows Updates.  Although I thought I read that the the HP provided stuff was supposed to take care of updates.  I guess I should pay closer atttention.  ;-)