ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753783 Members
7188 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

New DL380G6 Always shutsdown whenever the electricity fail even if already have UPS

Rendra Basuki

New DL380G6 Always shutsdown whenever the electricity fail even if already have UPS

Dear HP

I bought a DL380G6 with product code 491325-371. The manual said that the power is 460Watt. I have a ups of 1600Watt running in between the server and the wall electrical outlet. But, whenever power failure happens, the server always dead as if the UPS does not have enough power. I tried to test by unplugging the UPS power from the wall outlet, the ups is still running well. In fact, another computer that is also attached to the UPS is still running, but the server went dead completely.

Can you help me with this. It's rather urgent.
2 REPLIES 2
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: New DL380G6 Always shutsdown whenever the electricity fail even if already have UPS

Welcome to the ITRC Forums!

Some UPSes have a special "bypass" outlet for laser printers or other high-peak-load devices. This outlet has the same over-voltage and RFI protection as the rest of the UPS, but it does NOT offer any protection against power failures.

Are you sure you did not plug your DL380 G6 into such a special UPS outlet?

Some UPSes have multiple "load groups" allowing the UPS control program to shut down some UPS outlets while continuing to provide power for others. If such an UPS is mis-configured, it may switch off one of the load groups immediately.

What is the make and model of your UPS?

MK
MK
johnv_2
Occasional Advisor

Re: New DL380G6 Always shutsdown whenever the electricity fail even if already have UPS

Did you ever figure out what causes this? I have a similar issue.

Thanks,

John