ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753604 Members
6317 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: New HP DL 360 G7 keeps going off randomly by itself

PedroPonchio

New HP DL 360 G7 keeps going off randomly by itself

Hi guys, this pal has given me some headaches in the last few days. Since we deployed it in the datacenter, some weeks ago, it keeps shutting down itself randomly, and it never lasts up more than two days online. I took every step in the troubleshooting guide, using the HP tools and I couldn't find any errors. In the iLo logs, I can only see the "power was removed" in the moments that it went down. The firmware, BIOS, ILO version, array controller, all are updated. I'm using Vmware 4.1 as the operating system, and on it, also nothing wrong in the logs. The power supply and the power source in the datacenter was checked by a local technician guy, again nothing wrong. Thoughts? Thanks in advance...

2 REPLIES 2
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

If an UPS is conneted to the serever, then please remove it and monitor the server for a couple of days.

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Dr_Ing_Sosa
Frequent Advisor

Does the system have two power supplies and are they each connected to a different power source (e.g 2 different UPS, UPS and mains power, etc)? If that's the case I think it would be safe to rule out power issues and individual power supplies.

In any case I think if you log a support ticket with HP they will quickly have some parts replaced, really can't hurt in this case.