HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New HP Install Issues

jonnygrim
Occasional Contributor

New HP Install Issues

Hi,

Hope someone on here can help solve my issues.  We have just bought a HP Proliant Gen 9 DL380 server.  Its got the SD Card for ESXI and and array we are using for our data.

The issue we are having is that we can't get ESXI installed onto the SD card without it complaining about one thing or another.

So this is we have tried.

If I have no array initialised and install ESXI onto the SD card - ESXI works perfectly, but obviously I have no storage.

If I initalise the array, and try to install ESXI diretly onto the SD Card it installs but then after reboot and loading ESXI i get an error:

"The following warnings were encountered while parsing the installation script.  Warning: file:///ks.cfg:line 5: bootproto --device=EC:EB:B8:97:C5:07 specified, but the link was not active.  Check that the cable is plugged in."

It then reboots and cycles with the same error.

I've tried using the HP Custom ESXI 6.5Update 2 - but get the same error.

Ive tried using the HP intelligent processing tool - but get the same error.

The device looks like a mac address, the server has 4 ethernet ports - so have tried using each port but get the same error.

If anyone has any ideas what I can try - or maybe have I missed something, please let me know.  

Thanks in advance.