1753717 Members
5036 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New Installation Win2003 to a ProliantML150

FelixLatorre
Occasional Advisor

New Installation Win2003 to a ProliantML150

I have Hp Proliant ML150 G2 recently Buyed with two new 250GB SATA Western Digital buyed with it.. yesterday i try to install windows but the sata is not the same as IDE.. I have configure the raid to 1 to miror.. then i place the cd of windows 2003 for installation but dont install beacuse dont recognise the sata raid..
I have read today some faqs .. my question is ..

What is the software that i have to used for the installation of the windows in this raid type mirror?And what is the difference?
Hp proliant ML150 G2 Embedded Sata Controller Windows Driver for Win 2003 or Hp 6-port sata raid controller driver for win 2003

And I prefere that you can explain me remember that a beginner in sata servers..
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor

FelixLatorre,

The Windows 2003 will not automatically, detect the SATA raid controller. Download the SATA controller driver from the following link and extract it to a floppy.

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22734.html

Once you have the floppy ready:
Boot from the Windows 2003 OS CD and Press F6 when prompted to install a third-party driver.

Note: When F6 is active, a prompt appears at the bottom of the screen. Press F6 immediately├в you only have 5 seconds. If you miss your chance, restart this Windows installation to complete it correctly. Otherwise, Windows will not recognize your controller.

Insert the driver disk you created and wait until prompted to install a driver.

Press S to specify that the driver is on the floppy disk, then press Enter.

Now windows 2003 will detect the harddrives and you could proceed with the installation.

FelixLatorre
Occasional Advisor

Thanks too much Rajashekar
I`m going to try it...