cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ML 350 G5 Question

Dennis Pillow
Occasional Advisor

New ML 350 G5 Question

I have a new ML350 G5 server with 3 SAS drives. It came with SBS2003 R2 Standard installed. I would like to know what HP software needs to be reinstalled if I do a reinstall of SBS2003.
Dennis E. Pillow
5 REPLIES
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: New ML 350 G5 Question

hi

yes that a good question even you have to check if your pre-installed windows has this tool:

Proliant Support Pack, usually the fastest way to know that it is going to start - all programs - HP System Tools if you have there the hp utilities you have Proliant Support Pack, even the recommendation is having the latest all the time, in case you want to update an existing server or you reinstall a new one
Download and apply Proliant Support Pack (PSP)

- PSP includes latest and all drivers for your server after install windows

- Array Configuration Utility: tool to configure RAID Level

- Array Configuration utility tool to diagnose HDDS, controller, backplane.

- Integrated Management Log, which logs errors during OS operation and logs errors from POST Process in case you miss an error when server is POSTING

- HP insight Diagnostics Online - which is useful to check your server configuration, check logs, run diagnosis-

- and System Management Homepage which is a monitoring tool for Storage, Processor Management, enviroment (fans, Processors), ...

so here is the link

ProLiant Support Pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2003

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121586&prodNameId=3279711&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-22527e670418447bb79060e720

regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Dennis Pillow
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for the information.This is my first server from HP and I am confused about the software that is installed on the box. I have an issue with Small Business Server 2003 R2 setup and the only solution is to reinstall SBS 2003. As you can see I am not very informed about the steps that need to be done and what order. Hp has porvided a large amount of info on the disks that came with the server.
This is a task in itself to digest this info. Your answer points to an installation of Windows Server 2003. Does this also apply to Small Business Server 2003? Any additional information that you could supply would help with my "Training Session".

Thank you for your attention.
Dennis E. Pillow
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

yes in case you need to reinstall your OS,

1. First use SmartStart CD which is a CD that implements an assisted installation of windows 2003 any version.

2. Install Proliant Support Pack

3. those are the steps.

also check this it is thread in which a guy was in a similar situation like you
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1160542

anything else just let me know

Regards
Dennis Pillow
Occasional Advisor

WOW!!!!

This is why I am using this group. I get the information that I need even if it is a simple task for someone else. It is a serious issue for me.
I have worked with simple servers before but this is my very first true quality server. I don't want to get this server messed up because of some simple problem I caused. Your answres have helped me greatly and I will keep them for future use.

many Thanks,

Dennis
Dennis E. Pillow
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

glad to know that you appreciate our humble help

anytime

regards