ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753603 Members
6420 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New ML110 G4 SATA RAID O/S Installing Error

Les Rayment

New ML110 G4 SATA RAID O/S Installing Error

I have a new HP ML110 G4 Server and have installed 4 SATA drives to use as RAID 1 in 2 arrays. My problem is that all goes well with loading the SATA drivers and windows 2k3 SBS until I get to 3 mins remaining and then the clock stops and nothing else happens. I have to power off and try again, this has been happening all day approx 6 times. Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this issue.
5 REPLIES 5
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Did you download the SATA RAID driver from HP web and provided it to the installation on a floppy? The SATA disk are HP branded?
Les Rayment

Hi vcespon,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I have downloaded the latest driver and added it to the floppy, I have also updated the BIOS just in case, but still no way forward.

The HD are all HP compatable, do they all need to be 'HP' drives?
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

It's very strange, as you say the Windows installation goes on for a good while and then stops.
You can try 2 things:
- Install with only one hard disk (HP officially supported model if possible)
- Run Offline Diagnostics to see if some hardware is faulty.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=es&cc=es&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3186395&prodNameId=3279681&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-0dca7662b68647a09c8129213b
Les Rayment

Do you mean to install with only 1 disk in the array, as I have already installed the O/S to one of the HD's with the SATA RAID disabled, and all worked fine.

But I want to have both the system and the Data drives mirrored.

e4services
Honored Contributor

Did you check MS site for an answer? Sounds like a driver problem to me, loads a dll and hangs
Hot Swap Hard Drives