cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ML110 G4 SATA RAID O/S Installing Error

Les Rayment
Occasional Visitor

New ML110 G4 SATA RAID O/S Installing Error

I have a new HP ML110 G4 Server and have installed 4 SATA drives to use as RAID 1 in 2 arrays. My problem is that all goes well with loading the SATA drivers and windows 2k3 SBS until I get to 3 mins remaining and then the clock stops and nothing else happens. I have to power off and try again, this has been happening all day approx 6 times. Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this issue.
5 REPLIES
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

Re: New ML110 G4 SATA RAID O/S Installing Error

Did you download the SATA RAID driver from HP web and provided it to the installation on a floppy? The SATA disk are HP branded?
Les Rayment
Occasional Visitor

Hi vcespon,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I have downloaded the latest driver and added it to the floppy, I have also updated the BIOS just in case, but still no way forward.

The HD are all HP compatable, do they all need to be 'HP' drives?
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

It's very strange, as you say the Windows installation goes on for a good while and then stops.
You can try 2 things:
- Install with only one hard disk (HP officially supported model if possible)
- Run Offline Diagnostics to see if some hardware is faulty.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=es&cc=es&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3186395&prodNameId=3279681&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-0dca7662b68647a09c8129213b
Les Rayment
Occasional Visitor

Do you mean to install with only 1 disk in the array, as I have already installed the O/S to one of the HD's with the SATA RAID disabled, and all worked fine.

But I want to have both the system and the Data drives mirrored.

e4services
Honored Contributor

Did you check MS site for an answer? Sounds like a driver problem to me, loads a dll and hangs
Hot Swap Hard Drives