1748130 Members
3659 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

New Rails won't fit in 3rd Party Rack

asnoble
Occasional Contributor

New Rails won't fit in 3rd Party Rack

I have a ML370T01 server and I just purchased a rail for it. (332558-B21) I have a "round hole" rack that is older. The Rail will not fit properly. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to make this work. Is their some kind of bracket I can use? Modifications?

Those holes on the rail kind of stick out in the picture causing it not to fit in my rack and their is a metal "lip" causing it not to go in. Obvisusly I have a different rack.

5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: New Rails won't fit in 3rd Party Rack

Obviously you have a rack with threaded holes, this is absolutely non standard.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Those holes in this rail are threaded, I think the design is they fit inside the rack on the rear side of the rack face and you run a screw through the rack face into the rail.. I see your rack face is also threaded, the easiest option would be to drill out the hole in the rack so a screw can then fit into the rack rail mounted to the rear of the rack rail face.  You didn't post a piture of the whole rack so there is no way to tell what it is really designed for. Most server racks be it HP or 3rd party either have square or round holes tat are not threaded

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
asnoble
Occasional Contributor

@Jimmy Vance wrote:

Those holes in this rail are threaded, I think the design is they fit inside the rack on the rear side of the rack face and you run a screw through the rack face into the rail.. I see your rack face is also threaded, the easiest option would be to drill out the hole in the rack so a screw can then fit into the rack rail mounted to the rear of the rack rail face.  You didn't post a piture of the whole rack so there is no way to tell what it is really designed for. Most server racks be it HP or 3rd party either have square or round holes tat are not threaded

Here are some pictures of the rack if you can see it. I may try to get a larger one

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

That rack is what I call a comm rack, it is designed to mount switches and such that have mounting tabs that go on the front side of the rack face.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
asnoble
Occasional Contributor

@Jimmy Vance wrote:

That rack is what I call a comm rack, it is designed to mount switches and such that have mounting tabs that go on the front side of the rack face.

What is the chance I can make these rails fit in there? Is there an adapter?