1752790 Members
6276 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New hard disk in proliant ml350

diegodct
Occasional Contributor

New hard disk in proliant ml350

Hello,I have one proliant ml350 G3,It┬┤s has 3 hard disk.When i try to add another hard disk,the system doesn┬┤t start.The fourth disk appear in the controller,but operatin system not found.I think that the installation of the disk was wrong,because...

..the harddisk0 is in port 5 (Operating system)
..the harddisk1 is in port 4 (data)
..the harddisk2 is in port 3 (data)

and I was trying to connect to port 2

What can i do?.Somebody can help me?.
Thanks you.

6 REPLIES 6
Gus Kwong
Respected Contributor

You've guessed it right, the OS disk should always sits on the lowest slot number.
Learning never ends
c0olguy

Fix the arrangement of your disks. Do you have raid configuration in your system?
"always look at the bright side of life"
diegodct
Occasional Contributor

I don├В┬┤t have raid configuration.If I change the location of the hard disk,could appear some problem.

Thanks you.
diegodct
Occasional Contributor

This morning I had changed the position of the harddisk.The disk with the operating system in port 0, but it doesn├В┬┤t work.I had tried to change the boot secuence but it doesn├В┬┤t work.

Thanks you
Gus Kwong
Respected Contributor

I assume this is a non-Smartarray (i.e. using onboard scsi) server.

Try put all the disks back, make sure everything back to normal, power it down, leave disk0 (OS), pull Disk 1 + 2 out (data), and boot it up.

Once it is happy, power it down again, move the OS disk down to the slot0, boot it up, and see if that will boot up normally.
Learning never ends
diegodct
Occasional Contributor

It doesn├В┬┤t work,i have changed all disk,in all position,I have tried to change the boot order,but nothin happend, if I change the disk with the OS,it doesn├В┬┤t start.

Help, please.