cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

New install

I have never worked with Proliants before. We have a ML 350 on the way and should arrive next week. I would like to know if there is documentation on what I need to do in order to install NT on the box. Specifically, how do I apply any patches and fixes from Compaq before I begin installing the OS. I would also like to know if there is anything after I load NT that I should load in order for NT to run smoothly on a Proliant. Thanks for the help.

Cassy
1 REPLY
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: New install

You should be able to use Smartstart (our CD install system) to setup the system and load NT. Then apply SP6A from Microsoft (no special Compaq version exists) and before restarting - load our NT 4.0 SSD kit (or "SupportPaq" - either is on the Smartstart CD). Then restart the system.

P.S. When the service pack installer finishes, it will bring up a "Restart now" windows, just ignore it and click on Start, then Run - browse to the Smartstart CD and look in "CPQSUPSW\NTSSD", there is a setup.exe in there to run. This launches the SSD install from CD. Once in there, just click on the "Express" button in the left side menu and then pick "Update". This will automatically install only what's needed by the system.