ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752347 Members
5682 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New out-of-the-box Proliant ML150 G2 with no OS installed...

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Johnson_31

New out-of-the-box Proliant ML150 G2 with no OS installed...

The server has only 1 hard drive and I want to install Windows 2000 Server on it...I thought that booting to the W2K Installation CD that I would have the option to format the hard drive but when I choose to install the OS it gives the following message: "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer....setup cannot continue". The CD that came with the server includes drivers and configuration files but is not bootable.
What needs to be done in order to install the OS?
6 REPLIES 6
Tina Andes

Did you verify that the hard drive has power and that the connections did not come loose in shipment? Also check to see if the hard drive has a misconfigured jumper. It sounds like this is probably the issue. Hope this helps.
David Johnson_31

The BIOS does recognize the hard drive as being installed but not configured. This is the first SATA HD (Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 160GB SATA/150 HDD) that I have delt with...is there something special I need to do because it is SATA? There was a jumper installed from the factory in the "NO SPIN" Jumper position...I removed it then tried to install the OS again but ended up with the same results.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

If you haven't created an array, then you will need to create one. If you have the scsi model of this server, then you shouldn't have to do this, but you will need to install the driver like the info indicates which David provided.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
David Johnson_31

Thanks for all of your help!!! W2K Server installed successfully...
David Johnson_31

Thanks again!!!