ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753661 Members
5711 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New to ProLiant DL380 G4 with Red Hat 4

george_thompson

New to ProLiant DL380 G4 with Red Hat 4

I'm not familiar with these servers and the manner in which disks are added and configured. Have been searching via Google to find some on line documentations without success. We have a server which looks like there are 4 disks configured as a 4 way mirror. I want to remove two of these disks from the mirror and strip them to the mirror in order to double the space. Could anyone point me to any relevant documentation ?
Thanks
George
2 REPLIES 2
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Check out http://www.hp.com/go/proliantlinux for some good documents. To your specific problem, what do you mean by a 4-way mirror? Do you mean that 2 disks are mirrored to the other 2 disks? In a ProLiant SmartArray, this would be RAID 1+0, mirrored and striped. If you want to eliminate the mirroring and utilize all of the storage, keep in mind that you are sacrificing all redundancy. This would be RAID 0 striping. You can't go directly from one to the other. You'll need to back up your system and re-configure the RAID set and then restore.
george_thompson

Thanks,
One of our engineers added two 36 G drives ,but did something wrong. They attached themselves to an existing lun. We want to remove them. In looking at the configuration , we have a 36G mirrored drive , but I cant see which of these four drives is actually being used ( should be two of them in a mirror ) I want to pull the two which are unused but am reluctant as this is a production server .I'm not sure of the correct procedure.

array A
physicaldrive 2:0 (port 2:id 0 , Parallel SCSI, 36.4 GB, OK)
physicaldrive 2:1 (port 2:id 1 , Parallel SCSI, 36.4 GB, OK)
physicaldrive 2:2 (port 2:id 2 , Parallel SCSI, 36.4 GB, OK)
physicaldrive 2:3 (port 2:id 3 , Parallel SCSI, 36.4 GB, OK)

array A (Parallel SCSI, Unused Space: 69456 MB)

Thanks
George

array A
logicaldrive 1 (33.9 GB, 1+0, OK)