ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newb: Compaq DL380 G2 2 x P3 1.2 - Help Mee I am dieing!

Rocky_13
Occasional Visitor

Newb: Compaq DL380 G2 2 x P3 1.2 - Help Mee I am dieing!

This server has not been switched on for a LONG time! And has been moved from location to location! OK the problem:

Power up the DL380 and get nothing on screen - I have opened the cover and have all green lights. After a long time in trying it booted! and complained that Proc 2 had failed! OK No problem - it used PROC1.

I switched it OFF and guess what !!! NO BOOT !
Where do I begin to diagnose this problem? Can anyone point me in the right direction? The only thing that I can see on the motherboard flashing is a LED under "SCSI LEDs" (Just under the 2 PROCs. See Attachment (Is this Normal) Can anyone point me to a PDF helpfile with ALL the Info on the Motherboard LEDs?
Do you think somehow the PROCs have just died ?
I am getting NO beeps whatsoever?
Any ideas?
Thanks "well" in advanced !
3 REPLIES
Tony Glynn
Frequent Advisor

Re: Newb: Compaq DL380 G2 2 x P3 1.2 - Help Mee I am dieing!

Flat CMOS battery (or flat Array Accellerator battery)?
Just because you ain't paranoid - doesn't mean someone isn't trying to get you!
Marko H.
Valued Contributor

Hello

"Power up the DL380 and get nothing on screen"
Check your video connection. If you have a RILOE card in your server then you have to connect your video to the card and not to the motherboard.
Sean Marshall_1
Frequent Advisor

No video is common symptom of proc failure. Try running in the minimum config, (ir 1 proc and one bank (2 sticks) of ram with NO pci devices at all. If this still gives no video try swapping the proc. As a last resort try throwing switch 6 to the on position (invalidates the NVRAM), while the system is unplugged then plug the system back in and boot the server. Wait for like 3 mins (this should invalidate the NVRAM) You may get a post error like "system maintenance switch detected in the on position - power cycle the server and reset the switch" This will remove any logs of the processor failure from the NVRAM.
Also as mentioned above make sure you are not using a RILO card