cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nic Teaming and CPQANS

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Nic Teaming and CPQANS

If I could, I need some help with the configuration of CPQANS.

I have a NetWare server running version 5.1 with SP2a from NetWare and the NSSD version 4.90. The server has 2 NC6134 Gigabit NICs in it with the following driver versions being used.

N1000.LAN 5/12/2000
N1000.LDI 4/14/2000
CPQANS.LAN 5/2/2000

The Autoexec.ncf is as follows:

LOAD TCPIP

LOAD CPQANS FRAME=ETHERNET_II NAME=CPQANS_1_II TEAM=2 MODE=GEC
LOAD N1000 SLOT=3 FRAME=ETHERNET_II NAME=N1000_1_II
LOAD N1000 SLOT=4 FRAME=ETHERNET_II NAME=N1000_2_II
BIND CPQANS N1000_1_II TEAM=2
BIND CPQANS N1000_2_II TEAM=2

LOAD CPQANS COMMIT TEAM=2

BIND IP CPQANS_1_II MASK=x.x.x.x GATE=x.x.x.x ADDRESS=x.x.x.x

The server is connected to two different Cisco switches and those switches are connected together.

On the server everything seems to load up fine. When you run config the server shows the N1000 cards bound to CPQANS and the IP address bound to the CPQANS virtual LAN card. The server can ping addresses on the network and other server on the network can ping this server.

The two problems that I have are this.

The server with the two NICs in it is getting duplicate ip address errors for itself, even though the IP address shows that it is bound only to the CPQANS virtual NIC. I also tested to make sure there is no other devices on the network with that address by disconnecting the server from the network and ping the address from another device. No replies.

The second problem is that when I disconnect one of the network cable the server continues to communicate but as soon as the cable is plugged back in there is a 30 sec drop in network connectivity for the whole box. After the 30 secs the box is back up and talking on the network. I do not know if that is normal for this configuration or not.

Any help with these problems would be appreciated.