cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Display on Monitor when power up systems

ICal
Occasional Visitor

No Display on Monitor when power up systems

I have received two ML370 G4 systems. I tried to power up with the SmartStart CD (installed CD after power applied to system). But the monitor does not display any data. The internal and external lights are green. I noticed the keyboard lights do not light but that might be normal for this keyboard.

The lights on the power are also green. The monitor is one that is working on another system and is svga.

Any ideas of what could be going wrong. As I said I have two systems and both perform the same so I suspect I am doing something wrong in the setup.

2 REPLIES
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Re: No Display on Monitor when power up systems

Hi,

Do you have POST (Power on Self Test) or no video at all, if you loose video at some point then it is related to the monitors resolution, try with a newer one.

If you have no video at all, check teh monitor first, cabling, power, etc. also try another one just to make sure..

Unplug any external device, Reseat memory, CPU is possible, PCI-cards, etc. Clear NVRAM from System Maintenance Switch. (# 6) on most servers.

Some component may got loose during shipment and the system board mayno notice it but it will affect the entire circuit causing teh server not to boot or show video.

Let us know any further detail or troubleshooting action.

ICal
Occasional Visitor

Re: No Display on Monitor when power up systems

I tried a different monitor and it did not work. Then I noticed the video connection on the ILO board and tried that connection and of course it worked fine. I should have remembered that little detail, when the system has a ILO board, plug the video into that connection and not into the system board vga connector.

Thanks for the help, did get me thinking on the right track.