1752661 Members
5322 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: No Setup for RIBLOEII in DL380G2

Willie_8

No Setup for RIBLOEII in DL380G2

Hi all,

this is my first post, so here it goes ;-))

Im running WIN NT 4.0 in a DL380G2 and
installed a RIBLOE II but somehow SmartStart 5.5 does not install the setup utility in the Control Panel. I`ve tried everything and time is very SHORT, so can someone help me on this topic??

Thanks

A
8 REPLIES 8
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

Browse to the \CPQSUPSW\CPQRIB directory. You can run the RIBINST.exe or just copy the RIB.CPQ and RIB.HLP over to the x:\winnt\system32 directory and it will appear in the control panel.
Willie_8

Thanks!
I had tried that already, and yes it works but i cant setup users, etc... like it was possible with, in the original one. Is this only possible via web and "F8" with this new version??? :-(

Willie

P.S. the files are called Rib.cpl instead .cpq and rip.hlp :-)
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

Must be all the turkey for that mix up. But yeah, I noticed that also that you can't edit users in the control panel applet. Maybe one day there will be a new version out that supports the RIB2
Jeff Mathews
Respected Contributor

You can edit users...well sort of. I changed the Administrators password just by typing in the username Administrator and setting a password as if it were a new user. After pressing apply the change was made almost instantly. Is there something else your trying to change about a user?
Bryan d'Arcy

First reply.............try setting up the users from the F8 prompt during boot. I had same problem with ml530g2 and this fixed it.

Good luck
Roger_41

Try stopping Compaq Server Agent Service along with Compaq Foundation Agent Service before you open the RIB tool.

Btw I'm looking for the same tool for the Internal RIB card (iLO). Has such a tool been released?
Roger_41

Hm, after looking through the forum some more my reply seems a bit abundant.
Mark Mc Daniels
Advisor

The utility that you speak of is no longer updated to spport the rib II. The way to access the rib and all of its functionality, including user accounts is through a web browser.