HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No bootable drives on proliant

Padraic.carron
Occasional Visitor

No bootable drives on proliant

Hi,
I have a proliant ml370, when I go to use smart start to load the op system it tells me I have no bootable drives, I am told I need version 6.3 of SS I only have 6.2,
I have the relevent drivers for the array controler but have no way to load them. I can not get my hand on version 6.3, Is there anyway around this.

Thanks
2 REPLIES
Martin Breidenbach
Honored Contributor

Re: No bootable drives on proliant

If a Smart Array controller was added then you must tell the system that this controller is the boot controller.

To do that reboot. When the Smart Array controller BIOS message appears press F8 when prompted to get into ORCA utility. There should be a menu item like 'select this controller as boot controller'.

Which controller model do you have ?
Dave_180
Valued Contributor

Re: No bootable drives on proliant

Smartstart 6.2 will work.

Do you have a different array controller besides the integrated? If so, could be a boot order issue.

If that is not the case - did you go through Smartstart and configure the drives. You can also do this through the ROM-Based Setup at POST. When the array controller initializes you will be prompted to hit F8 to configure.

If you have done all this - there is a point during the 2K setup that you will be prompted to install another storage device driver.