4250 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: No disk detected during OS installation

Amir_25
Advisor

No disk detected during OS installation

Hi everybody,

I have DL380 G4 with 72*4 тАЬ15KтАЭ + one 146 тАЬ15KтАЭ GB, during the initializing the server detect only the first two 72 hard disks, the rest 3 has red LEDs on, My SmartArray Controller is 6i (v,2.58)

please help.

8 REPLIES 8
goldboy
Trusted Contributor

Amir,
After the server POST and before boot you will have the option to go into the SmartArray Controller application.

in there you will need to crate your LUN's and pick the raid level you want.

the 4 last disks are being controlled by the smart array that is why you will not see them until you finish the configuration.

good luck
T
"Life is what you make out of them!"
Amir_25
Advisor

tal,

thanks for your reply, i tried to use the F8 options but still i can see only two ...

thanx
Michael Traylor
Occasional Advisor

Do you have a SmartStart disk? If not download the image and burn one. Then boot from it. SmartStart allows you to set up the RAID and makes installation and disk configuration much easier. I think 7.70 is the latest version.
Amir_25
Advisor

thanks both for your reply,

I can see the red LED's on the disks during the boot initializing, the smart array took long trying to detected but it fails, so even if i used my SmartStart 7.50 am getting the same result, i can only see two

i erased the "all drivers" using the smart Start utility and I was able to detect the 3rd one, but it failed again after reboot,
is there some sort of default setup, do I need to do some changes on the BIOS

Thanx

Michael Traylor
Occasional Advisor

Have you been able to rule out a bad drive by substituting a known good one and then trying to configure the array?
Michael Traylor
Occasional Advisor

Also, it is not clear exactly how many and what type of drives you are dealing with. Your initial post is a bit hazy on that.
Amir_25
Advisor

Michael,

Nothing to be confused, i have the following

four - 72.8 GB
one - 146.8 GB

so total five disk, I am pretty sure nothing wrong with disks because they are working fine in other server except this one

thanx
DragomirAtea
Trusted Contributor

Hi Amir!

You should check if the backplane on the DL380 is a twochannel backplane...

It looks like you only see the two disks on channel 0 not hte three on channel 1.

If so, check the jumpercord that should be connected on the backplane...

Regards
Dragomir Zekic